I’m going to give myself a pat on the back for this tasty little feller… deliciousness wrapped up in goodness dipped in fabulousness. So with that… I’ll just say you’re welcome now. These are a fairly easy dish to make with very little ingredients. It’s basically crunchy yummy take-out at home. It even passed the picky hunny and child test! These can easily be served as either a yummy snack or an easy dinner.
Ingredients & Directions:
1 lb ground chicken breast
2 Scallions/Green Onions
1 minced garlic clove
¼ teaspoon ground ginger
1 carrot shredded
1 package rice wrappers
Franks Red Hot Chili Sauce or Gluten Free soy sauce
1. In a medium skillet on medium heat, cook your ground chicken, scallions, garlic, and ginger. You only need to cook this until the chicken is cooked through.
2. Turn off heat after chicken is done, and mix the shredded carrots with the chicken.
3. Prepare the Rice wrappers as directed. You usually must dip them in water for 20 seconds to make them pliable. Be sure to work with each one quickly!
4. Place about 2Tbsp of the chicken in the wrappers and wrap them up by folding over the wrapper only over the chicken, then fold in the sides, then roll the rest of it up. Depending on your preferences and if you’d like this to be extra crunchy, you can wrap it with a second rice wrapper. I did some of each and both equally as good. Doubling up the wrapper will give you a closer feel to a traditional Chinese spring roll.
5. You MUST let these sit for about ten minutes or so because if they are too wet, they will splatter in the oil… and i’d rather you didn’t set your house on fire for these.
6. Heat up the vegetable oil on medium heat. You will want enough to coat the bottom of your pan and give you about a quarter of an inch to really fry them.
7. Only place about two or three at a time in the pan, you do not want them to touch because they will stick. Rotate until they get a nice brown coating on them. Should take about 5 minutes depending on how hot your oil is.
8. Place your cooked pot stickers on a few paper towels to soak up some of the oil
9. I LOVE the franks red hot chili sauce. its sweet and spicy, similar to a general tso sauce, or duck sauce with some chili peppers in it. It is a perfect edition to this recipe.
10. Dunk, Chew, and enjoy!
Enjoy these fabulous little guys. they are filling and fantastic!!
The idea for this recipe is thanks to: http://www.babble.com/best-recipes/healthy-chicken-pot-stickers-with-minted-soy-sauce/
That’s what’s for pinner